This is a sports reporter] Wolverhampton are completely outplayed by Luton. They’ve even had a midfielder sent off. They are on the verge of becoming Luton’s first victim. Hwang Hee-chan is struggling in the starting lineup.

Wolverhampton went into halftime of their 2023-2024 English Premier League (EPL) Round 6 match against Luton Town at Canilworth Road in Luton, England on Wednesday afternoon at 0-0. Wolverhampton failed to register a single shot on target in the first half. Add to that the fact that Bellerin was sent off, and you’ve got a tough game on your hands.

Gary O’Neill opted for Hwang Hee-Chan as his starting striker for Wolverhampton. Wolverhampton started Hwang in a back three with Mateusz Cunha and Pedro Neto. At the back, Lemina, Bellerin, and Gomes started. Ait-Nuri, Kieran, Dawson, and Semedou formed the back four. Jose Sa was in goal.

For Luton Town, Kaminski, Lockyer, Burke, Bell, Kabore, Nakamba, Samby Lokonga, Doughty, Ogbene, Morris, and Brown started.

It was Luton who opened the scoring, breaking down the left-hand line. A cross came in.

Brown tried a header. It went over the bar. A missed chance in the 10th minute. In front of the arc circle, Morris beat a defender and tried a right-footed curling shot. It hit the post.

In the 17th minute, Doughty crossed from the left. Brown, digging in from the other side, attempted a header. The keeper made the catch. Doty then took a pass on the left foot and tried to shoot, but it hit a player in his own half and bounced away.

With the game on the line, Wolverhampton manager O’Neill switched the left and right wings in the first 20 minutes. Neto went to the left and Hwang Hee-chan to the right. It was a desperate move as Neto’s right side was constantly being breached.

Wolverhampton started to settle down a bit, but they were only able to keep Luton’s attacks at bay. They couldn’t really attack.

There was a change. It was the 39th minute of the first half. Bellegarde went down after a tussle with Lockyer in the middle of the park. As he 안전놀이터 fell, he kicked Lockyer in the face. The referee pointed to the red card. It went to the VAR, but the original decision was upheld. Wolverhampton were now outnumbered.

In the 43rd minute, Wolverhampton made a mistake. Dawson played a back-pass to the goalkeeper. It didn’t go quite right. Sa barely got a hand to it. In first-half stoppage time, Samby Lokonga hit a mid-range shot. Goalkeeper Sa made the save.

The half-time whistle blew. It was one of the worst first halves for Wolverhampton. They’re lucky to be tied at 0-0.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *